Form: Humanoid Report
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 19:07:25 -0500
From: Francis Ridge <>
Subject: Alien-Like Creature Observed at Columbia, MO; May 10, 1995
Cat: 7, Entity Case/Humanoid Report
To:  CE

2:40 AM. The witness was sitting in his room reading a TIME/LIFE book on Stonehenge when he heard a beeping noise. He described the noise as similar to a computer beeping. After listening to the beeping for about ten minutes he left his room to try and find the source of the sound. The witness walked down the hall to the family room/kitchen area. The only light on in this part of the house was a small light over the sink. As he stood in the family room he thought he saw a movement outside the patio door.

(The patio door is a typical double sliding door and the blinds were pulled open.)

He approached the door within approxi­mately three feet to try to see outside; the time was approximately 3:00 am. Within seconds a small figure walked up to the outside of the door and peered in.  The figure was within three feet of the door on the outside.

The witness called this figure "a little man." The kitchen light reflected off the figure so as to light him sufficiently for the witness to clearly see him. The witness described the figure as about 3 l/2 to 4 feet tall.

He had a large bald head and what the witness referred to as "eyes like a fly." The figure was thin, with two long arms and extremely long fingers. The witness was unable to recall the number of fingers on each hand. The entity was humanoid in appearance and silver/grey in color.  If the being had on (artist's sketch) clothing it was one piece and form fitting because the witness' impression was that it was naked. The entity leaned from the waist toward the door and stared at the witness.

The young man said that he was frozen with fright and just stared back. The witness said he had never been so scared in his life, the hair "stood up on his arms."

After several minutes the witness was able to break free of his fright and run to the kitchen to get a butcher knife. The boy then huddled in a corner of the family room, holding the knife and glancing back to the patio door. Because of his position in relation to the door he was unable to see if the "little man" was still there.

At approximately 4:00 am the boy ran into his father's bedroom in a state of panic. He told his father what had happened. After checking the house his father phoned the Columbia Police. The police department referred him to the National UFO Reporting Center.

Final Note: When meeting with the witness, Actaeon investigators could see that he was still very shaken by the incident. Investigators found no inconsistencies in his repeated summary of the incident; he is believed to be and sincere.