The 2004 UFO Chronology

IUR release, 2004

November 15, 2008 release, updated 19 Feb 2018
This is page is under construction and cases will be added as they are located. Our thanks for these chronologies must go to the A-Team, in particular, Don Johnson (UFOCAT), Dan Wilson (archive researcher), Jean Waskiewicz (online NICAP DBase [NSID], and Peter Davenport (NUFORC). You will note the many foreign reports that we are now being able to access.

Francis Ridge
NICAP Site Coordinator

The  UFO Chronology

Feb. 8, 2004; Chester County, South Carolina
At 6:25 p.m. EST a silent UFO with one light, no running lights or tail light, and no vapor trail passed over a home in Chester County. As it flew over, dogs in the neighborhood were barking loudly. At 5:45 p.m. CST or about 20 minutes later, a small reddish spherical object, that flashed red at varying intensities and intervals, was sighted over Houston, Texas. It seemed to wobble laterally as it flew. (Source: Peter Davenport Peter, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Feb. 13, 2004; Jordanow, Poland
At one o'clock in the morning Mrs. K. J., age 77, awoke and went to the bathroom and then back to her bedroom. As she passed through the kitchen she was surprised to see a strong fiery orange light outside, floating in the sky. She realized it couldn't be the moon. The light was hemisphere shaped, with a flat bottom and round top. The light had an apparent size 2-3 times larger than the full moon. The light hung over the forest on Hajdowka Hill, 1.5 kilometers from her house. She watched it for about five minutes and started to feel ??? so she went back to bed. During the night she had a disturbing "dream" about meeting with a huge shiny "thing". She awoke feeling very frightened, around 6:30 a.m. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Robert K Lesniakiewicz).

Feb. 15, 2004; Kent Valley in Auburn, Washington
At 11:00 a.m. a white disc-shaped object flew over the middle of the valley. It slowed down and started hovering. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, March 2004 webpage).

Feb. 16, 2004 - At 8:30 p.m. a large, silent, fast moving oval-shaped object with light moved back and forth in the sky over a residential neighborhood in Amityville, New York on Long Island. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, June 2004 webpage).

Mar. 5, 2004 - Some famous UFO photographs were taken on this day near Mexico City, Mexico. A Mexican military surveillance aircraft captured multiple objects (11) with its infra-red sensors.  The objects were not visible to the flight crew at the time.  There was extensive publicity about this event in May 2004. (Sources: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case # 18196; Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center website).

Mar. 10, 2004 - The crews of a number of fishing vessels fifty miles off the coast of Neah Bay, Washington observed a disc-shaped object with white, red and green lights at 7:00 p.m. on this evening. It flew around at high rates of speed and was in view for nearly half an hour. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, March 2004 webpage).

Mar. 12, 2004 - At four a.m. Mr. M. N. was driving east on Wellington Street in Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario at the southeastern end of Lake Superior and as he came to the center city (known to locals as Soo, Canada). He noticed a vertical beam of light in the early morning sky, from the top of a hill to the north. He stopped his vehicle at a cross street and looked all the way to the end of the street, about 7 blocks away, where the street ends at the base of the hill and has a metal stairwell leading to McDonald Avenue. His eyes focused on a little dark figure standing very still. This caught his curiosity, so he slowly drove towards it. It then started moving from side to side, using fluid movements as if it was floating in the air. It moved as if confused, or afraid and didn't know what to do. As he got closer, the figure's appearance seemed to have metamorphosed into a transparent, shadow-like entity that very swiftly flew up the stairs. To his astonishment, the beam of light that he had seen in the distant sky a few minutes before was now at the top of the hill, only 100 feet away. With his heart racing he drove as fast as he could eastward along the base of the hill until he came to the nearest street that climbed the hill and drove up McDonald Avenue to see what was happening. He arrived at the top of the hill only to find three circle-shaped burn markings on the pavement of the street. About 10 seconds later he heard a weird kind of gunshot sound. When he looked up to the sky he saw a bright light shooting up into the stars. As he watched the spectacle a peaceful feeling came over him and he felt as if every hair on his body was standing on end. The feeling of well being felt like it lasted only a brief 30 seconds, but when he looked again at his watch it was at least 40 minutes later. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Joseph Trainor, UFO Roundup, Vol. 9, # 13).

Mar. 21, 2004 - Two young women in Kingfisher, Oklahoma, both college students, witnessed two very bright lights in the night sky at 7:26 p.m., which suddenly descended.  The object, triangular in shape, appeared to land.  It was brightly lit with what looked like halogen type lights, and was clear or hollow in the center. Other cars stopped to park along the highway to look at it. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Mar. 25, 2004 - At around 7:00 p.m. the crew of a commercial airliner flying near Omaha, Nebraska reported seeing four disc-shaped objects, which remained visible ahead of the aircraft for between 10 and 15 minutes.  The objects did not appear on FAA radar at anytime during the entire sighting. They had many lights and flew off to the west, where they were lost from view (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, March 2004 webpage; Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 18197, citing NUFORC).

Mar. 26, 2004 - An object like a "dinner plate" with a dome on the bottom was sighted in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada at 4:22 a.m. It flew slowly, and stopped at one point. The sighting lasted 15 minutes. At 7:50 p.m. two rapid moving almond-shaped discs initially flew in from the Gulf of Mexico heading east toward Brandenton, Florida and then turned sharply south. They moved very fast. (Sources: (1) Geoff Dittman, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey, case # 157, citing HBCCUFO; (2) Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, March 2004 webpage).

Apr. 5, 2004 - At 11:00 a.m. a witness in Newport, Tennessee spotted a bizarre flying creature resembling an arrowhead flying backwards, with what looked like a head or knob on the front. It didn't look mechanical, it was more like some kind of animal. It did not have extended wings like a bird but seemed to have some stubby wings which may have been part of the body, like some type of bat. They protruded out near the end and tapered back to a point at the rear. The creature appeared to be around three feet long and a little over two feet wide. It was moving very fast in a straight line, at an altitude of approximate 150 feet. The witness did not see any method of propulsion, such as wing movement. It just seemed to be gliding but at a high speed. It maintained a level flight path moving westward, where the witness eventually lost sight of it. It was light brown in color along the sides of the wings, with a dark body color, possibly dark brown or black. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Apr. 8, 2004 - There were multiple reports from Rochester, Indiana on this night to the National UFO Reporting Center. One report was of a very large disc-shaped object with six lights that went on and off in 20 second intervals. The other report was of an independent sighting of yellowish orange lights in the southern sky. The object in question may have been around 200 feet in width. At about the same time, at 10:00 p.m. in Leiters Ford, Indiana another report came in of a UFO with yellowish beams of light. The beams were peculiar because the never seemed to touch the ground. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, Washington, April 2004 webpage archive).

Apr. 15, 2004 - A woman awoke at around 6:00 a.m. and walked to her screened bedroom window in Orlando, Florida.  She saw a small, oval, slightly glowing object hovering just above the ground, low outside the window.  The object was about 12 inches in diameter or less. A cat noticed the object and attempted to stalk it, whereupon it made a quick zig-zag maneuver and suddenly streaked away in a nearly instantaneous acceleration. (Sources: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, April 2004 webpage archive; Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 18198, citing NUFORC).

Apr. 21, 2004 - An irregular shaped UFO was seen hovering over a pond in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada at 2:30 a single witness. There was a tube extending from the object that was sucking up water from the pond. Ground marks were reportedly found nearby. At 3:00 a.m. two orange oval-shaped objects flew at great speeds and made hairpin turns while moving about the sky during a thunderstorm in Kemptville near Ottawa, Ontario. (Source: Geoff Dittman, UFO Research Manitoba, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey, cases # 237 & 238, citing HBCCUFO and NUFORC respectively).

Apr. 26, 2004 - A very fast, low flying cigar-shaped object with four diamond shapes on the bottom was seen flying over Longmont, Colorado at 9:00 p.m. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, April 2004 2005 - At nine o'clock in the evening a triangular object appeared over a small lake in Louisville, Kentucky with beams entering the water. After 15 minutes it then ascended into sky. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, May 2005 archived webpage).webpage).

May 14, 2004 - A massive triangular shaped object crossed the sky from south to north at 2:30 a.m. in Scappoose, Oregon. It was dark without lights but blocked the backdrop of stars as it flew over. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, May 2004 webpage).

May 17, 2004 - A woman was cleaning house in Culloden, West Virginia on this evening when she spotted a black figure run past her window. She looked outside and could not see anyone. She resumed her cleaning, but again saw another figure run by the window, this one not as dark as the first. Ten minutes later she was in the kitchen when she was blinded by a bright flash of light that came in through both of her back windows. She then closed her curtains. The next day her dogs were acting strangely and there was a local power outage in the area. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, May 2004 webpage, citing Donnie Blessing, MUFON Ohio).

May 17, 2004 - At 11:30 p.m. a saucer-shaped object, flickering green and blue lights and only about 30 feet in the air was reported by a witness in Vicksburg, Michigan. There was a big bright flash that blinded the witness for 30 seconds, and when his sight recovered the UFO was gone. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, May 2004 webpage).

Jun. 4, 2004 - Around 7:00 p.m. a rounded "A"-shaped object was seen moving irregularly in the sky over Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada for 15 minutes, then it flew away. (Source: Canadian UFO Survey 2004, case # 348).

Jun. 6, 2004 - At four o'clock in the morning a yellowish orange dome-shaped object was sighted moving slowly from south to north in Rockne, Texas before blinking out. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, June 2004 webpage).

Jun. 9, 2004 - At 6:00 p.m. local time a teardrop-shaped UFO and other UFOs was seen in Ruby Bay, Nelson, New Zealand. The witness was standing on the beach having a smoke when he saw the object, which had spinning red lights and was beaming light down into the water. He ran and got his friend to see it as well. Other residents of the campground also saw it. It moved closer towards the beach sending beams of light across the bay, and made an electrical humming noise and a thundering sound that could easily be heard. The craft moved at a phenomenal speed and disappeared and reappeared in different places, moving up into the sky. At about 8:00 p.m. and over the next hour another 6 craft appeared in the sky. The objects in the sky looked like giant orbs of amber light and over the rest of the night the objects moved around the Nelson Harbour and the hills around Ruby Bay. The objects came in close and shot off randomly for the rest of the night until morning. Flat batteries in cars reportedly occurred throughout the McKees Domain, and dead fish washed up on the beach in Ruby Bay later that day. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, June 2004 webpage).

Jun. 12, 2004 - In Torrance, California at 3:03 p.m. a high altitude metallic disc-shaped object was watched from seven minutes. It reflected sunlight at times as it moved first west, then to the northwest. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, June 2004 webpage).

Jun. 16, 2004 - A chrome colored sphere was sighted over Milan, Tennessee at 12:30 p.m. It flew into a small cloud and didn't emerge again. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, June 2004 webpage).

Jun. 19, 2004 - In Chatham, Ontario two witnesses reported seeing a circular flying object that stopped in the air, reversed direction, rose, then quickly flew away. It flew faster than the speed of a small plane. Duration of the sighting was seven minutes. (Source: Geoff Dittman, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey, case # 379, citing NUFORC).

Jun. 21, 2004 - A saucer shaped object with bright red lights was seen in Richmond Hill, New York at 9:30 a.m. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Jul. 7, 2004 - A huge blue triangular craft was seen hovering over a nuclear plant in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada at 3:30 a.m. It zoomed away, but the witness was unable to account for 90 minutes of missing time. (Source: Geoff Dittman, Canadian UFO Survey 2004, case # 446, citing HBCCUFO).

Jul. 17, 2004 - At 3:00 a.m. a triangular craft was seen hovering over I-70 in Lewisburg, Ohio. At 10:45 p.m. a white circular object came out of nowhere in Portsmouth, Ohio and dropped above a tree. It hovered at 50 feet altitude emitting four light beams, that were directed onto the street below. It made no sound. There were two witnesses and the close encounter lasted an hour. (Sources: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, July 2004 archived webpage; Australasian Ufologist, October 2004, p. 7).

Jul. 26, 2004 - During a power failure in Kerman, California that occurred at 1:20 a.m. Ms. E. B. was looking for a flashlight when the power came back on. Earlier that night around 12:30 a.m. she had seen an unusual light in the sky and now went out to look in the sky where she had seen it. What she saw was a glowing silvery man-like figure that was flying above the neighborhood at a height of 21 to 24 meters. The figure flew at a reasonably fast pace. The moment she saw it she screamed and ran back inside, locking the door behind her, but she continued to watch it through a window. The figure went behind some trees and when it emerged on the other side it shot off towards the north at the speed of a rocket. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database, citing Joseph Trainor, UFO Roundup, Volume 31, No. 9).

Jul. 27, 2004 - A truck driver driving south on Interstate 25 in New Mexico reported the night sky was pitch black with no moon nor even cloud cover visible. At 1:30 a.m., driving at 63 mph, he noticed a bright blue light about a half-mile ahead on the exit ramp for south-bound Exit 138. It appeared to be like a blue laser, similar to the light some people use on the hoods of their cars. When he got closer to the ramp he saw two figures approximately 3-4 feet tall. Each was either holding a blue light, or was wearing a blue head lamp. He couldn't tell for sure. The figures appeared to be looking to the north and south, and they looked at his truck as he drove by. They appeared to be wearing loose-fitting bright silver outfits, similar to HAZMAT suits. He couldn't tell if they were wearing helmets. The terrain was very flat and he did not see any vehicles in the area. He was sure that he would have seen any vehicle that they could have come from. He slowed to turn around but the nearest exit was another 30 miles down the highway so he decided not to go back. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Jul. 27, 2004 - While driving home from a dinner party at two o'clock in the morning a married couple in Asland, Massachusetts observed a round silver disc-shaped object about 30 feet in diameter that had landed in an open field off of Chestnut Street. They both got out of their car and approached the disc and when they got close enough they both touched the craft. It was very cold to the touch and it was glowing red to blue. They were able to see inside the craft through a small window and saw three small beings. All appeared to be sleeping or meditating, they did not respond to the witnesses voices. As the couple began to walk around the craft it began to rise up into the air and eventually flew off without making any sound at all. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle).

Jul. 31, 2004 - A witness named Deakin witnessed a black pipe-like object in the sky over Hollingworth, England at 5:30 p.m. It stayed in a vertical position, hovering or floating as if being blown gently by the wind. It was viewed through binoculars. (Source: Australasian Ufologist, October 2004, p. 35).

Aug. 2, 2004 - A young man, Andrey Alexandrovich Zabava, was spending time at the seashore near Cape Plaka near Partenit, Crimea, Ukraine in the company of several tourists from Russia and Poland. Their main reason for being there was to hunt for UFOs, because they believed there was an underground alien base hidden inside Ayu-Dug (Bear) Mountain, just to the west of Partenit. Their first six nights were uneventful, but on this night they saw several dim spots of yellow light that appeared one after the other on the northeastern slope of the mountain where there are no known buildings. The lights were positioned in a triangle. At about 01:00 a.m. a strange object appeared from the west slowly floating above the Black Sea. The object made a slow right turn, drifting in total silence, and slowly descended towards Ayu-Dug. When the object got closer Andrey could discern an elongated rhomboid form, clearly outlined by rows of lights. There were four bright emerald green lights positioned at the four corners of the craft, and numerous red lights were running along its edges, constantly blinking in a clockwise direction. Bright yellow-green lights were located at the center of the bottom of the craft, while four blue lights were positioned around it in a cross shape. This magnificent craft also had several dimly lit yellowish windows along its top section. When the craft was at its closest, a stream of hot air could be felt emanating from it. When the UFO passed along the seashore, Andrey noticed that all electric lights along the seashore blinked out simultaneously as if from a power interruption. Finally, the craft approached Ayu-Dug at a low altitude and seemed to dissolve into thin air, but immediately following this a bright beam of light appeared from the seashore and began searching the sky and scanning the water. Apparently some border guards had become alerted to the presence of the strange craft. Andrey also noticed that his friend Vitya's wristwatch had stopped when the craft passed directly overhead. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Andrey A. Zabava & Anton Anfalov).

Aug. 2, 2004. At around 3:00 a.m. bright yellow flashes of light appeared at the top of the mountain, resembling fireworks. Over the next 15 minutes a total of eight clusters of objects zoomed out of the mountain, and flew off towards the southwest and eastwards towards Novorossiysk. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Andrey A. Zabava & Anton Anfalov).

Aug. 2, 2004. At 5:00 a.m. Andrey and Vitya had begun their descent of Cape Plaka, when they heard a voice yelling at them from behind. "Sons!" it said in Russian. They stopped and turned around. A figure resembling an elderly woman stood on a rock. Her face could not be seen because it was still dark and she was not facing them. The height of the strange woman was about 1.5 meters and she was dressed in a long gray loose fitting garment that completely covered her legs and a hood that covered her head. In a soft female voice in pure Russian, she said, "Sons! Don't tell anybody down there about what you have seen, they will not understand." The somewhat stunned young men did not began a conversation with her and did not pay much attention to her. Several seconds later Andrey turned around again and the woman had vanished. There was only a sharp rock outcrop and seemingly no place for her to hide. Increasingly agitated, the witnesses searched for the "nun" but could not find anyone. They continued their descent from the rock, when Vitya screamed and pointed to the shoreline near one of the Partenit piers. There they saw another humanoid entity, very tall, about two or even three meters in height, and dressed in a tight-fitting, dark blue diver suit, which completely covered its body. It had on a helmet which was attached directly to the suit. A yellow rectangular "window" was positioned over the face area, but no facial features were visible. The entity was standing in the water up to its waist, and looking at the embankment and houses on the shore. Unexpectedly, after several seconds of observation the alien figure simply dissolved into thin air. The stunned witnesses finished their descent to the hamlet in a very shaken state. On the pier they spoke to an old sea captain named "Jora", who reported experiencing recent problems with his electronic equipment onboard his cutter on several occasions. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Andrey A. Zabava & Anton Anfalov).

Aug. 6, 2004 - Round object was seen changing shape and speed over Brampton, Ontario, Canada at 10:20 p.m. It made an S turn, then rapidly accelerated out of sight. (Source: Geoff Dittman, Canadian UFO Survey 2004, case # 551).

Aug. 10, 2004 - A lighted object, circular in shape, was sighted at 2:26 a.m. in Pottstown, Pennsylvania. It shot straight up into the sky, and made the TV "go haywire." The sighting lasted about 10 seconds. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, August 2004 webpage).

Aug. 11, 2004 - At 9:30 p.m. a triangular shaped object hovered over the road briefly in Guilderland, Albany County, New York. It had white lights at the points. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, August 2004 webpage).

Aug. 11, 2004 - A dim light zig-zagging in the northern sky of Metlakatla, British Columbia, Canada responded to a spotlight shone at it. (Source: Geoff Dittman, Canadian UFO Survey 2004, case # 574).

Aug. 20, 2004 - Over Staten Island, New York four hazy white objects traveled in a circle at 10:00 p.m. and came together about a dozen times into a center, "like they were playing a game." (Source:Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, August 2004 webpage).

Aug. 20, 2004 - In Stonewall, Manitoba at 10:30 p.m. three orange, boomerang-shaped objects moved in formation, traveling very fast, and making no noise. (Sources: Geoff Dittman, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey Report, case # 610, citing NUFORC).

Sept. 11, 2004; AWE-the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston, England
6.30 am. A man and his wife were returning home after babysitting at their daughter's house when they saw a huge object hovering over a field, to the right of the road that they were driving on. At the time of the sighting, it was a bright dawn with a clear, blue sky. ML had spotted the object first through the trees and, whilst trying to keep it in sight, nearly drove into the ditch on the left-hand side of the road. His wife exclaimed to him to be careful, wondering why he was driving in such an erratic manner. He stopped the van and told his wife to look out through his window. He asked, "What do you see?" She said, "What is it?!" He asked, "What does it look like?" She said, "It's a spaceship!" (see full report)

Sep. 14, 2004 - In Humboldt, Saskatchewan, Canada three or more orange-red tinged, chevron-shaped objects at a very high altitude, flew from west to east at a very high speed in single file. (Source: Geoff Dittman, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey, case # 678, citing NUFORC).

Sep. 18, 2004 - A boomerang-shaped object flew over witnesses in Kanata, Ontario, Canada at 10:00 p.m. It had no lights and made no sound. (Sources: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, September 2004 webpage; Geoff Dittman, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey, case # 687, citing NUFORC).

Sep. 29, 2004 - At 4:10 A.M. a very bright white ball of light was seen in the sky over Lindsay, Ontario, Canada. It paced the witness's vehicle for 10-15 minutes. Next, the object acclerated past the vehicle, then stopped and hovered. It "bounced" during its flight. (Source: Geoff Dittman, 2004 Canadian UFO Survey, case # 719, citing NUFORC).

Oct. 2, 2004 - A large triangular object, close to the ground, was seen in South Attleboro, Massachusetts at 11:37 p.m. for about a minute. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, October 2004 webpage).

Oct. 2, 2004 - A man was driving home at 5:30 a.m. in rural Tennessee when he noticed what first appeared to be a fire on a nearby ridge. As he drove he got closer and realized that it was not a fire at all but a series of three reddish-orange lights affixed to the bottom of a huge triangular craft. He neared an intersection and got out of his car to watch this metallic craft as it approached from the north and moved directly towards him. He became fearful and started to run from his car, but realized that there was nowhere to run. As the giant object passed overhead, it blocked out all the stars and he estimated its size to be some 300 feet in length. The bottom of the craft was illuminated from three flame-like symmetrical appendages, and there was a ribbed structure running across the bottom of the object. As it passed directly overhead he felt an energy that reverberated through his body. He stated that he felt many sensations all at once, but could find no description for what he actually felt. The object also made a pulsating or drumming noise which also passed throughout his body. After the object passed him, it suddenly turned west and moved behind some nearby hills. The witness reported a metallic taste in his mouth and a nose bleed. Later he found that his face and back were slightly sunburned and his hair was falling out, he also felt lethargic. He realized later that he had experienced 15 minutes of missing time. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 2004, citing Kim Shaffer, Tennessee MUFON).

Nov. 14, 2004; 100 mi out in the Pacific from San Diego
Daytime. Two F-18 Hornets alerted to UFO in Pacific that had been dogging the USS Princeton for two weeks. F-18's tried to intercept and object dove from 80,000 feet to 20,000' and hovered over ocean and either dropped out of radar range or shot straight back up. The radio operator on the USS Princeton instructed Commander Fravor and Commander Slaight to investigate. The two fighter planes headed toward the objects. The Princeton alerted them as they closed in, but when they arrived at “merge plot” with the object, so close that the Princeton could not tell which were the objects and which were the fighter jets, neither Commander Fravor nor Commander Slaight could see anything at first. There was nothing on their radars. Then, Commander Fravor looked down to the sea. It was calm that day, but the waves were breaking over something that was just below the surface. Whatever it was, it was big enough to cause the sea to churn. Hovering 50 feet above the churn was an aircraft of some kind, whitish, that was around 40 feet long and oval in shape. The craft was jumping around erratically, staying over the wave disturbance but not moving in any specific direction, Commander Fravor said. The disturbance looked like frothy waves and foam, as if the water were boiling. Commander Fravor began a circular descent to get a closer look, but as he got nearer the object began ascending toward him. It was almost as if it were coming to meet him halfway, he said. Commander Fravor abandoned his slow circular descent and headed straight for the object. But then the object peeled away. “It accelerated like nothing I’ve ever seen,” he said in the interview. He was, he said, “pretty weirded out.” The two fighter jets then conferred with the operations officer on the Princeton and were told to head to a rendezvous point 60 miles away, called the cap point, in aviation parlance. They were en route and closing in when the Princeton radioed again. Radar had again picked up the strange aircraft. “Sir, you won’t believe it,” the radio operator said, “but that thing is at your cap point.” “We were at least 40 miles away, and in less than a minute this thing was already at our cap point,” Commander Fravor, who has since retired from the Navy, said in the interview. By the time the two fighter jets arrived at the rendezvous point, the object had disappeared. The fighter jets returned to the Nimitz.  (CBS News, New York Times, Washington Post)

Nov. 25, 2004 - A triangular UFO with red and blue lights was sighted flying over Ottumwa, Iowa at 5:00 a.m. The lights appeared to be rotating in a clockwise pattern. The object was completely silent as it flew. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, November 2004 webpage).
Nov. 27, 2004 -  A huge disc-shaped object accompanied by other smaller craft came over the witness's apartment building in Gardena, California at around one o'clock in the morning. It seemed to be close, and could change direction and speed in the blink of an eye.  It had lights and was very quiet, making no noise at all. The sighting lasted 30 minutes. (Source: Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center, Seattle, November 2004 archived webpage).

Dec. 4, 2004 -  Orange flashes in the sky in Burlington, Indiana were followed by the appearance of several objects at 8:30 p.m. One object that flew over the witness was triangular in shape with three red illuminated areas like tips. The outer points were brightest, fading into black at the center. The color was like a piece of red hot metal. (Source: UFO Magazine (USA), February 2005, p. 72, citing National UFO Reporting Center).

Dec. 5, 2004 - Driving west on Interstate 88 in Bainbridge, Chenango County, New York a witness spotted a disc-shaped object hovering above a field at 9:35 p.m. It was silver gray in color with blinking yellowish orange lights evenly spaced all the way around it. It was estimated to be about 8 stories above the ground. (Source: UFO Magazine (USA), February 2005, p. 72, citing National UFO Reporting Center).

Dec. 22, 2004 -  An oval-shaped object with rings of multicolored rotating lights flew slowly over a house in Trail, British Columbia at 7:25 p.m. (Source: Geoff Dittman, Canadian UFO Survey 2004, case # 868, citing HBCCUFO).


1. CUFOS report, Mark Rodeghier,

2. Ted Phillips, Center for Physical Trace Research.

3. Joan Woodward, Animal Reaction Specialist