SOCIETY FOR PLANETARY & SETI
Mr. Fran Ridge
Ridge is semi-retired but was a PR consultant for Mid-Tech in
the 1980's. A 55-year veteran of serious and respected UFO
investigation and research, Ridge has investigated
hundreds of incidents and researched over 4,000 for his
computer database covering the region encompassing Missouri,
Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky & Tennessee.
* 1960-1971 - Headed a subcommittee to the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (1960-1971), which was one of the rapid response teams assigned to the University of Colorado UFO Project in 1968.
1970-1995, and 2014 to date - Heads the MADAR Project
(Multiple Anomaly Detection & Automated Recording) [UFO
1977 - MADAR detected an anomaly at the very same time the WOW
Signal was received by SETI in Ohio in August of 1977.
* 1986 - Field Investigator for Dr. J. Allen Hynek's Center for UFO Studies.
* 1989 - As Indiana's MUFON State Director he was in charge of the Indiana Group with its Rapid Deployment Team of over 30 FIs. During his 10-year tenure he trained over 150 FI's.
1994 - Wrote a book describing his research &
investigation efforts, "Regional Encounters: The FC Files".
* 1995 - Set up The
Lunascan Project, an ETBI (Earth-Based Telescopic Imaging)
program to image and study LTPs (Lunar Transient
Phenomena). Always interested
in the Moon, but never properly equipped, Ridge became
interested in a serious look at our nearest neighbor
to investigate, among other things, the Hoagland
claims and other items he refers to as "fast-walkers".
Since 1996, using live and recorded CCD technology,
hundreds of hours and many millions of images have
been obtained. With the advent of the internet and
email, Ridge enlisted the aid of over 200 Lunascan
members to fund and operate the project and set up The
Lunascan Project website:
One of the most important efforts is to have submittals of lunar anomalies, establish the names of the features and their coordinates, then use a dBase to align them with the Archipov targets of interest.
* 1996 - Re-Discovered the "Blair Cuspids" with the aid of Mike Lomax, Lan Fleming & Mark Corlotto.
* 1996 - The Lunascan Project imaged U092196, something possibly orbiting the Moon, on September 21st.
1997 - Research Coordinator & Archivist for the NICAP site
which documents, files & preserves chronologically and
categorically all the important UFO incidents found in the Air
Force Project Blue Book files and other government files.
* 2003 - Set up and coordinates The Nuclear Connection Project.
2006 - After a local TV station prompted a re-look at the
Mantell Case, Ridge re-opened the case and after a two years
his team produced a final report/book entitled, "The Mantell
Case: An Anatomy of a Re-Investigation / A 60-Year Cover-Up"
* 2013 - In an effort to produce a work similar to Antonin Rukl's (Near Side) "Rukl Atlas of the Moon", Ridge produced his Ridge Section work "Lunar Far Side Directory", a two-year project..
2015 - Drafted a live lunar imaging proposal and mission plan
for a project entitled "RIPTILA", an idea for professionals
and amateurs to view, study, & record live images of the
Moon from a Lagrange Point in lunar orbit.
2016 - Located the "Blair Cuspids" area on the 2 meter res
images of the Lunar Reconnaisance Orbiter.
618 Davis Drive
Mt. Vernon, IN 47620