November 4, 1957
Albuquerque, NM

The object came down in a rather steep dive at the east end of Runway 26, left the flight line,
crossed runways, taxiways and unpaved areas at about a 30- degree angle, and proceeded
southwestward towards the CAA tower at an altitude they estimated at a few tens of feet above
ground. Quickly getting 7x binoculars on it, they established that it had no wings, tail, or fuselage,
was elongated in the vertical direction, and exhibited a somewhat egg shaped form (Kaser). It
appeared to be perhaps 15-20 ft in vertical dimension, about the size of an automobile on end,
and had a single white light in its base. Both men were emphatic in stressing to me that it in no
way resembled an aircraft.

It came towards them until it reached a B-58 service pad near the northeast corner of Area D
(Drumhead Area, a restricted area lying south of the E-W runway at Kirtland). That spot lay
about 3000 ft ENE of the tower, near an old machine-gun calibration bunker still present at
Kirtland AFB. There it proceeded to stop completely, hover just above ground in full view for a
time that Kaser estimated at about 20 seconds, that Brink suggested to me was more like a
minute, and that the contemporary Air Force interrogation implied as being rather more than a

Next they said it started moving again, still at very low altitude, Still at modest speed, until it-again
reached the eastern boundary of the field. At that point, the object climbed at an extremely rapid
rate (which Kaser said was far faster than that of such modern jets as the T- 38).

The Bluebook report expresses the witness' estimate of the climb rate as 45,000 ft/min, which is
almost certainly a too-literal conversion from Mach 1. My phone-interview notes include a quote
of Brink's statement to me that, "There was no doubt in my mind that no aircraft I knew of then,
or ever operating since then, would compare with it. "

(See full report by Dr. James E. McDonald)

(This web page produced for InterLink:UFO by Francis Ridge)