Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 12:34:25 +0000 (GMT)
From: daniel wilson <>
Subject: March 8, 1957; Pasadena, Texas
To: Fran Ridge <>

At 9:45 p.m. CST,Victor Hancock was piloting a DC-3 owned by the Tennessee Gas Transmission Company on a trip from Beaumont to Houston the night of March 8th. The only other person on board was Hancock's co-pilot Guy Miller. Miller had 12 years experience flying aircraft and Hancock 15 years.

The UFO first came into view when it darted across the front of the DC-3 when the aircraft was passing over Pasadena, a suburb of Houston to the SE of the city. Said Hancock: "It was going from south to north. We were doing at least 200 miles per hour, and it went by us easily." (94.) Besides the speed of the UFO, there was one other thing that immediately drew Hancock's attention to the object: "...three large lights. They were white and brilliant." (95.) There was no sign of regulation navigation lights of a red and green color.

Miller describes what happened after the initial sighting: "When it wanted to, it kept ahead of us easily. It would stop, or seem to stop just under us. We would bank around, get close to it and it would be gone again." (96.) Hancock gave his impression of the encounter, saying that the UFO darted about: " speeds way in excess of ours." (97.)

The brilliant light coming from the UFO masked its shape. At first the two pilots thought the thing was a helicopter but that idea wasn't entertained for long. Both men were aware helicopters traveled at 160 mph when moving at top speed and the UFO was exceeding that velocity by a wide margin.The DC-3 was maintaining an altitude between 1300 to 1500 feet, while the UFO would soar as high as 2,000 feet, and then dive down to about 200 feet where it would hover.

Ellington Air Force base and Houston International airport were contacted by radio in an attempt to identify any air traffic in the area but nothing was scheduled to be in the airlane at that hour other than Hancock's DC-3. Furthermore, Ellington could not pick up anything on its radar which added to the mystery, but that is nothing new in UFO cases. (98.)

, by Loren E. Gross, pages 68-69)