The 1979 UFO Chronology

  Yearbook Cover, courtesy of (Jim Klotz)
Map of sightings for 1979, courtesy of Larry Hatch's "U" Database (Pending)

Created: October 15, 2007, updated 6 Dec. 2016
This is currently a 14-page chronology of UFO incidents and events for 1979
. Our thanks for these chronologies must go to Richard Hall (the original 1979 chronology from UFOE II), Dan Wilson (archive researcher), and Jean Waskiewicz (online NICAP DBase [NSID]). You will note the many foreign reports that we are now being able to access. Our special thanks to Dan Wilson for getting those to us. As more come in, this page will be updated. Previous chronologies (1947 to 1969) involved the expertise of two other team members: William Wise (Project Blue Book Archive) and Brad Sparks (Comprehensive Catalog of Project Blue Book Unknowns).

This year was the second and final season for Project UFO which was an NBC television series. Based loosely on the real-life Project Blue Book, the show was created by Dragnet veteran Jack Webb, who pored through Air Force files looking for episode ideas. The show was produced by Col. William Coleman  who had had his own spectacular UFO sighting while in the Air Force.

Francis Ridge
NICAP Site Coordinator

The 1979 UFO Chronology
January 1, 1979; Denbigh, North Wales
8:45 PM. A member of the public, Keith Jones was about to go into the restaurant where he worked near Denbigh when he observed a UFO at an altitude of 100-150 feet. He went inside and asked his employer to go outside and look at the object. They watched a stunning aerial display by the UFO for several minutes before calling the police. A short time later two uniformed police officers, PC Berwyn Jones and PC Neville Hughes arrived at the scene where they too witnessed the UFO. The object was disc shaped with a dome underneath. There was no noise and it was described at being too low and too bright to be an aircraft. The object was last seen heading in the direction of Ruthin. UFO CLASSIFICATION ­ CE1 (CLOSE ENCOUNTER 1ST KIND) On Duty sighting. 2 Officers. Source FSR Volume 25 No 2 Mar/Apr 79.

Jan. 3, 1979: Mindalore, South Africa 
11:50 PM. There were two incidents involving missing time or abductions on this day. The first occurred in Mindalore, South Africa. A man and a woman were driving in foggy conditions near a mine. They saw a gray cone-shaped craft with four legs that had landed, and then experienced a 20-minute lapse of time, but they did recall witnessing humanoids associated with the craft. (Source: Cynthia Hind, MUFON UFO Journal, March 1979, p. 3).

Jan. 3, 1979; near Miami, FL
Mr. Filiberto Cardenas, age 45, was driving on Okeechobee Road just north of Miami, Florida with three family friends when the car engine suddenly failed. He and another man got out of the car to check under the hood when a large luminous object emitting a humming sound descended over the vehicle. The witness vanished in plain sight of the others, apparently taken up into the object by a beam of light.
He was found dazed two hours later and 16 miles away from the original location by a police officer. Later he recalled being taken up and blacking out. He found himself onboard the object and three human-like beings all dressed in tight-fitting white suits took him to an ocean front setting where they opened a "lock" on a rock and entered through a tunnel beneath the sea. The beings were of average height, wearing outfits that covered their heads with winged snake-like emblems on their chests. (See link for details) (Sources: Thomas E. Bullard, UFO Abductions: The Measure of A Mystery; Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case 458, citing Virgilio Sanchez-Ocejo; Cynthia Hind, MUFON UFO Journal, March 1979, p. 3).

Jan. 5, 1979; Bannalec, Finistere, France 
A 15 meter in diameter circular object hovered near the ground at around 10 p.m. for three minutes. It had a blue halo, and shot away very fast. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, February 1979).

Jan. 5, 1979; Auburn, MA
Three glowing, red triangular objects confronted car, forward motion impeded, physiological effects (section VII).

Jan. 5, 1979; Sturbridge, MA
CE-II case with EM effects on car. (Raymond Fowler investigation report)

Jan. 8, 1979; Rome City, IN
8:00 PM. Mr. Marion Ritchie and his wife viewed a UFO on County Road 138 for a continuous 5 minutes. Mr. Ritchie, a credible man in his community, viewed a cylinder-shaped object over an open field about 50' from the road with lights of white, red, and green. At first he thought it was a water tower, but as he drove under the object he knew it couldn't be. The investigator, Charles Tucker, says that Mr. Ritchie described the cylinder as being 15' long and hovering about 75-100' from the ground. The lights suddenly became so intense that it was hard for Mr. Ritchie to tell what the object really was. As the lights grew brighter and brighter, the object zipped off into the cold clear night. (Source: MUFON UFO Journal, December 1979)

Jan. 8, 1979; San Croce Sull'Arno, Italy
5:30 PM. In the Tuscany region of Italy a 40-meter wide domed disc with an antenna flew over a farm at only ten meters above the ground. The farm animals were panicked and a tree bent over as the object passed. (Source: Maurizio Verga, ITACAT Italian UFO catalogue).

Jan. 8, 1979; Tunis, Tunisia
3:00 AM. A group of people witnessed a small disc, about 1.5 meters in size, hovering near a lake for 10 minutes. It then shot away and was gone in a split second. (Sources: Lumieres dans la Nuit, February 1979)

Jan.13, 1979; Viterbo, Italy
On this evening a farmer spotted a large fiery red sphere descend and land in a nearby pasture. The sphere changed color to a bright orange, then it began to dim revealing a two-meter wide metallic sphere. A small man wearing a silvery white suit emerged from the object and walked around the object, frequently bending down as if he was picking things up. The witness ran away from the scene. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database, citing BUFORA Journal, Vol. 8, No. 3).

Jan.16, 1979; City of David, Panama
Evening. Two women teachers, Ms. Griselda and Ms. Gonzalez, sighted an oval-shaped UFO while walking home from night school. The UFO was spinning and gave off orange and blue lights. It stopped and changed direction without turning, and made no sound. (Source: Jane Thompson, UFO News clipping Service, March 1979, p. 15; citing El Sol, January 18, 1979).

Jan.18, 1979; Metzeral, France
5:00 PM. A two-meter wide orange disc-shaped UFO made two passes over two witnesses. The UFO made a buzzing sound and had lights at both ends. Both witnesses' eyes hurt after the close encounter. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, July 1979).

Jan.18, 1979; Lusiana, Italy
11:30 PM. A witness's car engine died when an ovoid UFO landed nearby. A door in the craft opened and two humanoids emerged. They reportedly had vibrating antennae-like ears or antennae on the sides of their heads. (Source: Maurizio Verga, ITACAT: Italian UFO Catalogue; David F. Webb and Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A2274).

Jan. 24, 1979; Tyler, TX
Close-range sighting and humanoid encounter.

Jan. 24, 1979; near Lindale, TX
10:00 PM. Driving near Lindale, 20-year-old John Scott Cates had stopped his car and gotten out to relieve himself when a blue beam of light from the sky struck him. It caused his hair to stand up like an electric static charge. Two UFOs appeared, and he experienced a six-hour long memory lapse. His next recollection was being back in his car, where he noticed that his engine restarted when a ringing noise sounded. He was left with holes in his shirt and a diamond shaped burn on his chest. (Sources: Thomas E. Bullard, UFO Abductions: The Measure of a Mystery, case 201(b); Richard F. Haines, Project Delta: A Study of Multiple UFO; p. 191; Richard C. Niemtzow, MUFON UFO Journal, September 1979, p. 3; Bob Pratt, UNICAT database, case 62, citing Richard C. Niemtzow).

Jan. 24, 1979; Toquilla near Tunja, Colombia
On this day a dentist and three students were traveling by car when their engine suddenly stalled. They then saw two metallic disc-shaped objects land on tripod landing gear nearby, and three men wearing tight fitting silvery outfits and large helmets exited from a hatch in one of the objects. A sudden whirlwind surrounded their vehicle and they could no longer see either the figures or the objects. When the "whirlwind" abated both the figures and the UFOs were gone. (Sources: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 13623, citing UFO News clipping Service, issue 119; Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979 [electronic version], citing Miguel Forero, Centro Investigacion OVNI, Colombia).

Jan. 28, 1979;  Vannes, France
5:15 PM. A 1.5-meter long ovoid hovered over a house in Vannes. The UFO zipped over above an empty lot. It beamed white beams of light down onto the ground and up into the clouds. A UFO witness to repeated UFO encounters experienced lasting physiological effects due to the close approach of 2 disc-shaped UFOs. The observer also heard a mechanical voice in his head that said, "We mean you no harm." (Sources: MUFON UFO Journal, September 1979, p. 3)

Jan. 29, 1979; Cornwall County, England
2:00 AM. In the early morning hours a married couple in Bissoe Truro, Cornwall County, England were awakened to find their bedroom lit up brightly. One of the witnesses looked out the window and was amazed to see a bright hovering oval-shaped craft. Inside could be seen two human-looking men with long wavy blond hair. The UFO glided silently away and then shot away at high speed. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case 1435, citing Bob Boyd, Plymouth UFO Research Group).

Afternoon. Josie Zwinenberg was riding her horse along an area known as the Leusderheide. As she approached the highest point of this area, she brought her horse to a stop and looked out at a stand of trees about a  half-mile away. There, she saw an object silently hovering above the trees. She estimated the object was about 100 to 165 feet in length. It was not an aircraft of any type she had ever seen. Living near Soesterberg, she had seen many dif­ferent aircraft fly in and out of the base, but nothing like this object hovering above the trees. This object had many bright white lights interspaced with blue lights. The lights were so bright that she could not make out the exact shape of the craft. This object made no noise and seemed to be perfectly still. She was awestruck by the color of the blue lights, saying it was the brightest blue she had ever noticed, but it did not hurt her eyes to look directly at them. She watched the object for a full 15 minutes and noticed that it did not seem to be affected by gravity at all; it was perfectly motionless the en­tire time. As she approached the object on horseback, she kept it in view until she reached the trees. At that point, she stopped under the trees to try to look underneath the object. Then, she heard some rustling sounds coming from the brush in the forest. Her horse also reacted to the sounds. When she looked up, the object was gone. (Unidentified: The UFO Phenomenon, 143, Robert Salas)

Night? An object with three very bright white lights and one red light flew at an altitude of 150 to 200 meters (about 500 to 650 feet) and an average speed of 50 to 100 kilometers per hour (about 30 to 60 miles per hour) over the flight line of the Soesterberg base. At times it was seen to emit a beam of light to the ground. The object did not make a sound and was seen by many airmen at the base. The object twice flew along the flight line before departing at a high rate of speed. This was the summary of an investigative report by three members of the working group NOBOVO, including Dr. W. deGraaff, who worked at the (Harmons) Astronomical Institute. (Unidentified: The UFO Phenomenon, 144, Robert Salas)

Feb. 5, 1979; Lawitta, Tasmania, Australia
About 9:50 PM local time. A man, driving alone, noted that his car radio ceased to function. Pressing the station button had no effect. Seconds later, an intense white light enveloped the car and he could not see beyond the hood. The car's lights and motor failed in the same instant. Beyond this, events are vague and the next thing he knew he was being stopped by police for driving his car without lights. The police found that he did not know his name, where he had come from, or where he was going. He was taken to hospital and examined, where he was found to be in a state of shock. It was only at the Royal Hobart hospital that his memory of the preceding events had returned. His vehicle, a Ford Cortina 71TC was inspected and  found to have a flat battery and the oil level was low. The cut-off switch on the alternator needed replacing, as did some wiring, especially for the headlights. Radiator water was also found to be low. The reporter did not want further investigation conducted. (Sources: (1) Mercury (Hobart) newspaper dated February 17, 1979. (2) 'Tasmania: A UFO History.' 2015. Compiled by Keith Roberts.(3) TUFOIC Annual Report, 1980.)

Feb. 8, 1979; near Wiltshire, England
6:00 PM. An oval-shaped flying object approached a car driving between Broad Hinton and Clyffe Pypard in Wiltshire, England. It came to within 150 to 300 feet at its closest approach. It had a cluster of very bright strobe-like lights that lit up ground. The UFO made a V-turn, then stopped over a water tower before departing. It made no noise. (Source: UFO News clipping Service, April 1979, p. 12, citing the Wiltshire Gazette, February 15, 1979).

Feb. 9, 1979: Liverpool Creek,near Mission Beach,Queensland, Australia
About 9:00 PM local time. A 53 year old man was driving home, alone, to Mission Beach in his 1972 automatic Ford Falcon 500 station wagon, travelling at between 55 and 60 miles per hour. Near Liverpool Creek he noticed a ''little light" on the edge of the bitumen road.This light was about one inch in diameter and white in colour. When he got to within 100 feet of it, he saw that there was an object behind the light. This object was about three feet wide at the base, shaped like a beehive and was some 4 feet high. Between 100 feet away and 30 feet away, he saw that the object  was rising into the air. When he was 30 feet away it was three feet off the road. Suddenly, there was a blinding flash of light. When his eyesight cleared, he saw that the car's engine "had gone dead" and the headlights, dashboard lights and everything else had ceased to function. He stuck the gear lever into neutral and the car rolled into a truck stop at the side of the road. He lit a cigarette, and about 30 seconds later the headlights and dashboard lights came back on. He turned the ignition key and the engine restarted and he drove slowly home, Once there, he checked the battery terminals, but found everything in order. The sky had some scattered light clouds. A comparison magnetic signature check of the vehicle, compared to a control vehicle of the same make, and type, failed to reveal any significant magnetic variations between the two vehicles.(Source: Completed report form,at the time,  by the witness, and notes by UFO Research (Far North Queensland.)

Feb. 9, 1979; near Baleares Islands,  Mediterranean Sea
3:00 AM. Over 50 UFOs surrounded the butane freighter "Tamames" in the Mediterranean Sea as it approached the Escombreras refinery in the Baleares Islands. The ship's log reports that clouds appeared at 3:00 a.m., and the ship's radar showed the presence of many huge aerial objects. The presence of yellow lights in the clouds continued for six hours. The radar of a second ship also reported the presence of the UFOs, but not ground radar. (Source: Jane Thomas, UFO News clipping Service, March 1979, p. 15, citing Pueblo, February 9, 1979).

Feb. 15, 1979; Fano, Italy
10:00 PM. A 15 meter in diameter luminous domed disc was seen over the Metauro River in Fano, Italy during a rainstorm. It shot out "black rays" or beams. (Source: Maurizio Verga, ITACAT: Italian UFO Catalogue).

Feb. 18, 1979; Lardit, Aveyron district, France
2:30 AM. An incident involving missing time and vehicle electrical system interference occurred. Dark objects flew over a reservoir, followed by a 1.5 meter in diameter metallic disc. The witness experienced semi-paralysis and the car's electrical system failed. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 13644, citing Lumieres dans la Nuit, March 1979).

Feb. 22, 1979; near Leeds, England
4:00 PM. In Meanwood, near Leeds an eight-foot long ovoid object landed for three minutes. It left behind landing traces. (Source: Timmothy Good, Above Top Secret, p. 72).

Feb. 26, 1979; Serodino, Santa Fe province, Argentina
8:00 PM+. Ernaldo Camusoni, age 49, was clearing an overgrown field at the entrance to a farm in Serodino late in the evening when everything became illuminated behind him, turning the darkness into day. When he turned around he saw an approaching object land 40 meters away from him. He tried to make out what the object looked like, but the light emanating from it was too intense to capture much detail. The shape was like a truncated cone. As he approached the object, he saw a strange luminous figure emerge from the rear of the craft. The figure appeared to be robot-like in nature, lacking any arms, and it did not move its body when it walked. Its head appeared to be of normal size, but it had what appeared to be a trunk-like object coming from the area of the face. It wore a very shiny outfit. The robot entity walked towards the witness, approached to within three meters, and stood silently, seemingly observing the witness. Camusoni didn't feel afraid, but did feel curiosity towards the strange entity. Apparently the creature did not want to communicate since it suddenly wheeled around, returning to the object and disappeared behind it. The craft then rose up and disappeared at high speed towards the south, making a rushing sound. The whole encounter lasted five minutes. Ground traces were found the next day. (Source: UNICAT database, case #601, citing Oscar Alemanno, Quarta Dimension).

March 2, 1979;  Rivera, Uruguay
7:00 AM. People watched an ovoid object dive at a truck and circle a radio tower. The encounter lasted for a few minutes; helmeted figures were reportedly seen onboard the craft. (Source: International UFO Reporter, August 1979, p. 2, citing newspaper source).

March 6, 1979; Westminster, SC
7:00 PM. A luminous dome or domed disc descended and brightly illuminated the surrounding area near a home in Oconee County, South Carolina. There were 14 witnesses, including police. The UFO emitted a light beam, and executed sharp turns during the 44 minutes it was visible. (Source: APRO Bulletin, June 1979, p. 7).

March 27, 1979;  Isere, France
5:20 PM. An oval-shaped or saucer-shaped UFO flew over the Tabouret Reservoir in Isere, France and then landed on the ground, leaving ground marks. A man was seen outside the craft, according to the police report.  (Sources: Robert Rouseel, OVNI, Verites Cachees, p. 91)

March 28, 1979. The Three Mile Island accident was a partial nuclear meltdown which occurred at the Three Mile Island power plant in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States on that date. It was the worst accident in U.S. commercial nuclear power plant history, and resulted in the release of small amounts ofradioactive gases and radioactive iodine into the environment. The accident began at 4 a.m. on Wednesday, March 28, 1979, with failures in the non-nuclear secondary system, followed by a stuck-open pilot-operated relief valve (PORV) in the primary system, which allowed large amounts of nuclear reactor coolant to escape. The mechanical failures were compounded by the initial failure of plant operators to recognize the situation as a loss-of-coolant accident due to inadequate training and human error factors. The scope and complexity of the accident became clear over the course of five days, as employees of Met Ed, connecticut state officials, and members of the U.S. NRC tried to understand the problem, communicate the situation to the press and local community, decide whether the accident required an emergency evacuation, and ultimately end the crisis. The NRC's authorization of the release of 40,000 gallons of radioactive waste water directly in the Susquehanna River led to a loss of credibility with the press and community. In the end the reactor was brought under control, although full details of the accident were not discovered until much later, following extensive investigations.

April 7, 1979; Bigand, Argentina
8:00 AM. Several cars experienced electrical system failures on highway 33 in Bigand, Argentina. Mr. Celotto, a farmer, saw an eight meter wide disc land, and circular ground traces were found later in a soybean field. (Source: MUFON UFO Journal, November 1979, p. 12).

April 19, 1979; Talisay, Philippines
Police witnesses reported seeing a mother ship which later spewed out smaller UFOs, all of which landed in a valley. Military authorities were investigating. [Manila, Philippines (UPI), May 1, 1979.]

April 19, 1979; Croy, England 
11:00 PM. Two witnesses to a UFO in Croy ran from their car when the brightly lit object passed low overhead. They reported an abnormal silence, as they could no longer hear the car engine or the door slam when they fled. (Source: International UFO Reporter, August 1979, p. 2).

April 27, 1979; St. Jacques de Nehou, Manche department, France
7:00 AM. A four meter in diameter, intense reddish-orange colored sphere with "stiff waving arms" or appendages was seen over a farm in St. Jacques de Nehou. It flew off silently to the northeast slowly. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, February 1980).

April 29, 1979;  Makapu'u, Hawaii
10:45 PM. An airline stewardess was at the shore in Makapu'u, when she sighted a huge triangular UFO with many lights. It moved at an estimated 100 mph and made a humming sound. It maneuvered in the sky and flew away out to sea. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 13689, citing APRO Bulletin, May 1979).

May 1, 1979; Vizcacheras, Argentina
Oil field landing, reaction to light, landing traces (sections VII, X).

May 5, 1979; Pampulhas, Minas Gerais, Brazil
On this night an object with portholes landed in a field in Pampulhas, Minas Gerais, Brazil for 90 seconds. The witnesses were two police officers, who reported that the encounter caused EM effects on their vehicle. The ground was lit brightly, and figures could be seen looking out through portholes in the craft. It took off vertically at great speed. (Sources: Jane Thomas, UFO News clipping Service, July 1979, p. 14; MUFON UFO Journal, November 1979, p. 11, citing Cronica May 5, 1979; Richard H. Hall, The UFO Evidence, Volume II: A Thirty-Year Report, p. 258).

10:30 AM. Arlindo Gabriel dos Santos was hunting with two friends in a forest when he became separated from the others. Sr. dos Santos next saw an object descend towards the ground in a clearing. He approached to within 180 meters, and saw that the object was shaped like a "telephone booth" about 1 meter in height.  (Humanoid report, see detailed account. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, citing Dr. Libirajara Franco Rodriguez & Maria Jose Pereira).

May 16, 1979; Charleston, SC
A mechanic felt compelled to return to a spot where he had previously seen a UFO. A disc-shaped craft landed, and he was given a metal bar as a gift, along with the message that the occupants will return again. (Source: Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 13700; Richard Hall, Uninvited Guests, p. 294).

May 19, 1979; Bukit Mertajam on the island of Pinang, Malaysia
Mid-afternoon. Six school children reported sighting a landed object and four tiny humanoid figures near it. The creatures were only about 4 inches tall. One of the students attempted to catch one of the creatures but was shot in the hand. The creature then shot at a brick, breaking it into pieces. Afterwards the creatures ran back into their tiny craft. Another student reportedly grabbed the small object and was shocked by an electric current. The object then took off, and an adult witness watched the object taking off. (Source: Admad Jamaludin, A Summary of UFO and Related Events in Malaysia, p. 81).

May 25, 1979; near the Sacramento River in Colusa, CA
1:10 AM. A silver colored, heel-shaped or bullet-shaped object hovered between fifty and five hundred feet above some trees near the Sacramento River for three minutes. It had a row of red and blue-green lights along its leading edge between two headlights. It also had a smooth metallic surface. It made a sound like an electric motor as it moved very slowly toward the two witnesses, Ruben and Carlos Genera. Many animals reacted to its presence. The close encounter lasted seven minutes. (Sources: Paul C. Cerny, MUFON UFO Journal, May 1984, p. 3; UNICAT database, case 235, citing Paul Cerny).

May 25, 1979; Charleston, MO
8:00 PM. A nocturnal light came down and landed behind a store in the town of Charleston, Missouri. A neon sign was effected and a clock in the vicinity was later found to be 18 minutes slow. (Source: Harley D. Rutledge, Project Identification, p. 208).

May 26, 1979; Hailey, Idaho
0:05 GMT. Pilot (may have been more than 1 witness) of a private plane sighted five orange objects flying in a horizontal line formation which tilted and spread out. The then  regrouped into a vertical line formation and then got all mixed up and seemed to come right at the plane as the distance was closing. They lengthened the distance from the pilot out front and went over to his left. At that time both the magnetic compass and the automatic direction finder started spinning. At that point they were again in a straight line formation just before blinking out. According to the pilot, the radio interception was blocked by static and the engine started running rough. At the same time, ground radar had contact on both the plane and the objects. Finally, a large orange object approached the aircraft at a tremendous speed. The pilot climbed rapidly and did not see the object again. (From Dr Richard F. Haines  Project Delta Case 45)

May 26, 1979; Colusa, CA
12:15 AM  Two fishermen observed a hemispherical object with blinding white headlights and a row of body lights. It hovered in one spot for 2-3 minutes, then flew overhead emitting a humming sound like an electric generator.  (Colusa Sun-Herald, May 29, 1979)

May 26, 1979; Kulim, Malaysia
8:30 AM. A disc with three legs for landing gear hovered just a half a meter above the ground. The witness was temporarily blinded by beams of light from the object. (Source: Ahmad Jamaludin, MUFON UFO Journal, November 1979, p. 8).

May 26, 1979; Manila, Philippines
Evening. A UFO with two antennae was sighted over the city. With the aid of binoculars figures could reportedly be seen inside the craft. (Source: Jane Thomas, UFO News clipping Service, August 1979, p. 12).

June 12, 1979; Pine Ridge, SC
Members of a rock band practicing in a barn stepped outside to watch an unusual form hovering low over the containment building and smokestack of the Carolina Power & Light nuclear power plant one half mile away to their northeast. An ovoid shaped object, seen primarily by its lights in the clear dusk sky, had two huge bright yellowish-white beams of light. After hovering motionless for 2-5 minutes all the lights faded except a blue light. The UFO moved off and was gone in "three blinks of the eye." After about five minutes, a second sighting took place. It hovered to the right of the nuclear power plant and directed a beam of light at it while hovering for another 2-5 minutes. The second object flew off toward the northwest. No one at the power plant reported seeing anything unusual to the chief of security. (Source: International UFO Reporter, July 1979, p. 21).

July-December 1979
Los Angeles and San Fernando Valley CA. Flurries of sightings (section VIII).

June 18, 1979; Mirassol, Sao Paolo State, Brazil
3:00 AM. Sr. A. Ferreira was returning home from his job as a security guard when a metallic oval-shaped craft landed on three legs near his home. Three humanoids came out of the craft and paralyzed him with red beams of light, from boxes that they carried on their chests. These humanoid beings also carried boxes on their backs and had an insignia on their chests. He was floated onboard the craft alongside and once inside he believed he passed out. However, under hypnosis he remembered traveling to a larger craft where he found himself in a dark room with small lights and what looked like star maps. Ten to twelve humanoids were in the room with him. They were of two different types. Some had skin with a greenish tinge, with black smooth hair, thin lips, thin noses, pointed ears, and large eyes. The others were similar in appearance except that they had brown skin, kinky hair, dark eyes, and thick lips. All were between four and five feet tall and wore white uniforms and gloves. He was taken to another room and laid on a couch, a naked woman the entered the room. She was human like with black almond-shaped eyes, brown skin, a large head, red kinky hair, and very foul smelling breath. He resisted her sexual advances but was forcibly restrained. They spread an oily substance on his body, and forced him to have sexual intercourse with the female. The beings spoke in an unknown language among themselves but by telepathy with him. He was given the impression that they were conducting genetic experiments and were interested in reproduction. (Source: Thomas E. Bullard, UFO Abductions: The Measure of a Mystery, case 131, citing APRO Bulletin, November 1983, p. 1).

June 19, 1979;  Rauma, Finland
12:30 PM. A man and a woman saw a silvery object with a dome on top emitting a blue beam of light into a nearby forest. The woman went to investigate, and saw the object, which was about one meter in diameter, at close range. Inside the dome were two very small creatures with large eyes and frog-like skin. When she started to touch the object, she was temporarily blinded by a bright light and the craft sped away. (UFO Research of Finland Quarterly Report, 4/80)

June 22, 1979;  offshore of Gorgona, Italy
3:45 PM. On this afternoon offshore of Gorgona during a beautiful summer day, the yacht Rainbow II was heading for Corsica, after leaving Viareggio. On board was the owner of the boat, who was a businessman in Milano, his wife and children and a crew of 11 people. At about 6:30 p.m. the beautiful and tranquil day was interrupted by a bewildering and disturbing event. About three miles ahead of the prow of the boat they saw a black cylindrical shape. This object was coming out from the surface of the sea like a tower and rose 30 meters into the air. The yacht approached and they noticed the dimensions and shape of the object. When they were within 1.5 miles from the object, it disappeared below the surface with a loud rumble in less than three seconds. This sighting was also observed from the harbormaster's office on Livorno. The harbor captain remained in continuous radio contact with the crew and in particular with its wireless operator, Mr. Guzzi. But this phenomenon did not end with the disappearance of the object. Although the compass showed the yacht as headed in the right direction, the yacht instead drifted about 12 miles south and ended up in Bastia. This change of course was unexplainable because the sea was calm, there were no currents, and the compass was working perfectly. Another strange occurrence was that the dog on board started barking and appeared scared and terrified. (Source: Marco Bianchini, USOCAT by Italian Center for UFO Studies (CISU),  Carl Feindt).

June 26, 1979; Wheeling, IL
3:00 AM. 77 year-old man was awakened by his border collie and went outside to see. When he opened the back door he saw a uniformly glowing "balloon", 6-7 foot in diameterot excessably bright. His dog stepped forward and watched it as it hovered rock steady at 60' up and 100' away or less. After 4-5 minutes it moved slowly behind the trees to the soutwest. Running to the front of his house he saw an identical form 70' up and moving silently to the northwest. It went behind trees in 3-4 minutes. 10-13 minute observation. (IUR 4,2)

July 1, 1979; Crystal Lake, IL
3:40 PM. While driving, a 26-year-old factory worker had his Attention drawn by his wife to glistening, dull gray "aluminum ellipsoid". It hovered silently, stationary in the NNE 25 degrees up (and about 1,000') and looked as wide as the moon. Then it jerked and shimmered to the ESE, dropped down to 500', and was stationary over a stand of trees about one mile away for 2-3 seconds. Next it shot up to 25 degree level again, and dropped and rose about five times before it was lost to sight because of traffic. 45-60 seconds. (IUR 4,2)

July 5, 1979; Gulf of Alaska
2:45 a.m. They were halibut fishing south of Seward, Alaska. A super bright object came down through the clouds and became stationary close to the water. At the same time a target appeared on their radar at about two miles distant, a really strong target. All of a sudden the radar heading was knocked off of its setting and one of the crew had to reset it. It was a bright glowing object with a bowl-like shape which faded out and simultaneously disappeared from the radar screen, then reappeared visually and on radar. The radar heading was knocked off when the object approached the boat. The object was only a couple of feet off the water. The incident lasted for about five minutes and the radar was picking up a strong signal. (APRO Bulletin)

July 13, 1979; Santa Clarita Valley, CA
9:00 PM. The incident began as Ed was cleaning his swimming pool, readying it for a day of fun for the kids. The pole he used required him to reach up to push down, so Ed was standing on a high platform by the pool. As he reached to the upper end of the the pole, he saw a craft approaching their home from the west a couple of blocks away, heading southeast. UFO directly over House: Ed knew immediately that the object was not a helicopter or a plane-it was flatter and wider with lights around the outside of the main front area. He ran to the house, calling his family, but only his wife joined him. The object, some 75-100 feet in diameter, was now directly over their house and pool. The silent object only made a slight wobble as it sat for 40 seconds, 75-100 feet above them. According to Ed's description the shiny, metallic object had a small porthole and lights around in the upper dome section. The dome was seamlessly integrated with the rest of the ship. The section underneath was concave toward the center with two rectangular shapes along side each other, and about 7-10 feet in width. Ski-like Devices: In Ed's own words, "I also noticed ski like devices on the front and on each side of the front leading edge window. What caught my attention was that the devices were not in the center or the "center of gravity" for the craft's length and design but very forward. The skis were S-shaped with the top of the S facing forward but a design I could not replicate. Upon the craft leaning in a downward motion we could see a window or cockpit like glass that was situated in the underside. It was on the front lower edge of the round craft." Object Slowly Moves Away: A soft orange-blue emanated from the inside of the object, as it sat at a forward and downward angle for around 10 seconds. Both Ed and his wife felt as if they were being watched. The UFO seemed to generate light through its hull or skin. Though Ed and his wife did not speak to each other during the sighting, Mrs. Towers repeated, "Oh my God!" many times. Soon, the UFO slowly moved away as Ed stood on a wall around his property to see it as long as he could, which was about 7 miles away. Witness Credibility:  Ed is educated in Group Propulsion Systems and has served as an executive for several major companies. His background is in aeronautical engineering, and he knows that we have no technology that can match what he saw over his own home in 1979. The witness' credibility and professional background make this a sighting to be believed without hesitation.

July 16, 1979; Great Bear Lake, Northwest Territory, Canada
11:00 AM. A flat metallic disc with rivets visible was seen by two men fishing on Great Bear Lake. They were able to take 12 photographs of the object as it passed over their boat. Reportedly a wristwatch being worn by one of the men malfunctioned. (Source: Coral E. Lorenzen, APRO Bulletin, May 1981, p. 3).

July 21, 1979; West Plains, MO
11:10 PM. Six witnesses to a close encounter with a capsule-shaped object for several minutes. (AUN-9407)

July 25, 1979; Canoga Park, CA
Shari N. abduction case. Examined by small beings on metal table.

June 26, 1979; Wheeling, IL
3:00 AM. A dog started barking when a six-foot diameter balloon-shaped object glowed and hovered over the yard of a home in Wheeling, Illinois. The object flew toward the southwest. A second object of the same description appeared and flew to the northwest, disappearing behind some trees.

July 18, 1979; Belfort, France
2:30 PM. A metallic disc flew over the city in the afternoon. It had a shiny top and dark bottom section. It sped up, and then shot straight up. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, September 1979).

July 25, 1979; Canoga Park, CA
2:00 AM. A large white light made several passed at a car. One hour later a diffuse white ball of light maneuvered in the sky for 30 minutes over the Chatsworth Reservoir. At 3:15 a housewife and cocktail waitress was abducted while driving home from work by a UFO she thought was a plane crashing. She experienced an episode of missing time and partial amnesia about other events, but did recall undergoing a physical exam while lying on her back. A probe was inserted into her leg, and her eyes were dabbed with a liquid. (Sources: MUFON UFO Journal, September 1980; Davd F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A2212).

Aug. 1979; Merom, Indiana
6:25 p.m. Two witnesses encounter round UFO hovering 300' away from them and 50-75' over wheat field. (Fran Ridge)

Aug. 1, 1979; Lewisboro, NY
White ball made two passes, two-way and portable radios failed.  International UFO Reporter, September-October 1979, see Rodeghier, 1981, p. 74 (R) police car
Aug. 2, 1979; Le Delus on the island of Ile D'Oleron, France
2:30 AM. The two witnesses were driving through the town of Le Delus when they noticed a green flash of light overhead followed by two bright descending spheres. One of the spheres shot towards the rear of their vehicle while the other descended close to the ground. A large rectangular shaped opening became visible in the second object and three humanoid figures were seen descending a ladder. The witnesses did not stay to see any more, but drove away quickly from the area. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 1734, citing Denys Breysse, Project Becassine).

Aug. 4, 1979; Canoga Park, CA
Large, glowing disc with bubble-like dome on top, two humanoid beings visible through transparent dome (section XII).

Aug. 9, 1979; Hayfork, CA
Pilot observed two disc-shaped objects below his plane, contour flying "on the deck" through hills and valleys (sections III, X).

Aug. 11, 1979; Wheatridge, CO
11:00 PM. Radio interference was experienced over a wide area of Wheatridge, Colorado when a UFO was seen hovering in the sky for three minutes. The UFO dropped toward a mountainside and was lost from sight. (Source: International UFO Reporter, October 1979, p. 12).

Aug. 19, 1979; East Didsbury, England
On this evening a woman and her two children were picking wild flowers on the river bank besides some open land when they noticed a flash of light with shades of pink, orange, and silver above a nearby golf course. Soon they saw a curious looking object descend towards the ground in an apparent crash landing. They ran up the embankment to get a better view of the object, which they described as resembling a gondola with a curved base and a girder-like structure, with a reddish glow on top. The witnesses felt attracted towards the object and began walking towards it. The next thing they knew they were running away, and the grass around them was swaying as if in a strong wind. The UFO could be seen flying silently away. After the incident the mother and daughter developed strange lesions on their legs, and her young son had nightmares. Under hypnosis the mother was able to recall several strange beings with elongated heads and "puppet like" faces. She remembered being examined on a table by some sort of light beam. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 1583, citing Peter Hough & Jenny Randles, Mysteries Of The Mersey Valley).

Aug. 26, 1979; Sitio Dentro, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Late. Two men were walking back home late at night when they saw a huge bright light appear above them, illuminating the area like daytime. They looked up and saw a huge object coming towards them. They could see two beings inside the craft through a transparent window. The beings could be seen from the waist up and looked nearly identical to each other. Both men ran behind a house and squatted by a wall, trying to hide from the UFO. It then passed over a nearby bar making a very loud noise. The next morning they discovered that the roof of the bar had been tore off and several rafters had been broken. One of the men felt sick for three days after the encounter. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 2594, citing Bob Pratt, UFO Danger Zone).

Aug. 27, 1979; Warren, MN
1:40 a.m. Frightening UFO case which involved physical trace elements. Deputy Sheriff Val Johnson was patrolling near the North Dakota border when he noticed a bright light coming through his side window. Johnson knew it was not typical vehicle lights. He thought it might be a small plane in trouble and about to crash. (,, Guy Westcott, UFOR).

Aug. 29, 1979; Ernestowo, (Wroclaw), Poland
4:00 PM. Two primary school students were walking home from school through Zachodni Park. As they were walking by one of the alleys they saw a strange disc-shaped object with two silvery garbed humanoids standing next to it. Another being was inside the transparent dome on the top of the object. The students ran to get additional witnesses but when they returned to the landing site the object and its occupants were gone. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, citing Tymoteusz Tobala & Marcin Mioduszewski, CBUFOIZA, Poland).

Aug. 29, 1979; Chicago, IL
10:00 PM. 47-year-old housewife saw lower corner of a gigantic "mothership" out her living room window. The blimp-like UFO was so huge she couldn't see the whole length or height. It extended down the whole block of houses at tree-top level. She reported four different kinds of humanoid creatures (7 in all) could be seen through hull, itself entirely luminous and yellow in color. Loud humming sound reported. 45-minutes. (IUR 5,1)

Sept. 2, 1979; Petushka, Russia
5:00 PM. The witness was out picking mushrooms in a wooded part of Petushka when he came upon a large shiny metallic mushroom-shaped craft on the ground. The bottom half of the craft emitted a soft pink light and the top domed section was encased in an orange mist. The craft appeared to be spinning and emitting luminous flashes from its edges. Two short men emerged from the object. They were strongly built with broad shoulders and strong chests. They wore black tight-fitting suits that covered their entire body. The suits had two small slits at eye level. They were talking among themselves in a language that sounded more like the twittering of birds than anything else. They appeared to inspect the craft, and then were somehow sucked up inside it. The UFO subsequently took off. On the spot where the object had been resting the soil was found to be totally sterile with all living organisms completely absent. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 835, citing Gordon Creighton, FSR, Vol. 27 # 5).

Sept. 3, 1979; Gateshead, England
Early AM. Following a series of low level sightings in Gateshead by the main witness and her family, the woman awoke in the middle of this night to see a small metallic disc-shaped object inside her bedroom. A dozen small dwarfs now appeared. They were about three feet tall and had large heads and eyes and feminine features. They wore white uniforms and white cloaks. They walked up to her bed and examined her. The witness was paralyzed during the encounter. She later reported a subsequent incident with another entity. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 764, citing John Watson, Northern UFO News, # 74).

Sept. 9th, 1979; Chicago, IL
4:30 PM. "Gee, that looks like a flying saucer," thought the 38-year old member of a heating industry. Apparently, his neighbors and members of his family agreed. The silver disc had angular size about half that of the full moon. The black center could be resolved on the underside and the outline was distinct against the clear blue sky. There was no noise as it moved south to northeast directly overhead at high altitude. (IUR, Vol. IV, No. 6)

September 10, 1979; 10 miles N. of Myrtle Creek, Oregon
13:15 GMT. Two pilots were flying at 5,000 ft in a Piper Aztec and about a half mile off formation with a Cessna 182 which was a brand new airplane. They were just getting ready to let down at Myrtle Creek when one "thing" came from about a four o'clock position from the coast and looked (when it was facing the Aztec pilot) like the round fuselage of an airliner with a reflection in front but not on the sides. Then it moved in several hundred feet behind, and below,  the Cessna. The object started moving directly toward the aircraft, and the pilot radioed him. The Aztec pilot tried to tell the Cessna pilot that there was a plane coming up on him. The Cessna pilot got only the word "plane". He looked around on both sides and couldn't (hear) any word from the other pilot. The Aztec pilot tried on two different transmitters and all he could hear was static while the object was around. The object moved underneath the Cessna, several hundred feet below him, then it lifted up vertically to pretty close underneath him, within 25 feet. and hung there for a minute. The object was estimated at 30 feet in diameter and was shaped like a sphere. There was nothing sticking out from it and it was metallic, then it dropped back down and slid behind the Cessna. And then it pulled underneath the Cessna again, but not as close this time. Finally it moved off to the right at about four or five o'clock position and dropped down over the coast mountain range. The entire observation lasted for about five minutes. (Sources: APRO Bulletin Volume 31 #10; Dr Richard F. Haines files Case 46)

Sept. 14, 1979: Canoga Park, CA
Disc with flame like jets around perimeter hovered ahead of car, darted from point to point; took off at "very high speed" (section X).

Sept. 14, 1979; Oakenholt, Wales
Night. A beam of light shone through the witness's bedroom window and she suddenly felt dizzy. She then felt herself being levitated through some form of a tunnel and encountered two aliens in a field. A huge craft hovered nearby and a beam of light lifted her inside. The interior of the craft consisted of one large room with three other alien beings and an almost human appearing girl of about 19 years of age. The room contained a portrait of an older being, apparently a leader. After a 30 minute otherworldly trip the beings showed her an alien zoo with many bizarre animals. The beings communicated with the witness and then said goodbye, whereupon she then found herself back in her bed again. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 2234, citing Jenny Randles & Paul Whetnall).

Sept.17, 1979; Eichstatt, Germany
12:15 AM. In the Bavarian town of Eichstatt three pentagon-shaped UFOs were seen by many, including 10 police officers. One object hovered at 500 meters, then shot away. (Sources: MUFON UFO Journal, October 1981; Larry Hatch, U computer database, case 13306, citing MUFON).

Sept.19, 1979; Barrio La Gloria, Mendoza province, Argentina
Early morning. The witness, a military man, awoke in the middle of the night in his home in Barrio La Gloria unable to sleep, so he lit a cigarette and walked to the kitchen, leaving his family still sleeping. He leaned on the kitchen window ledge and when pulled the curtain aside he was surprised to see a circular gray metallic object on the ground near his house. A short human-like figure appeared next to the craft. He wore a very white outfit with what appeared to be a bright green visor over the eyes. The witness sensed some type of telepathic message but could not recall its contents, and does not remember how the figure and the object left. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 376, citing Richard Heiden, quoting R. Banchs).

Sept. 20, 1979; Poplar Grove, IL
5:30 AM. Pear-shaped form of blue light engulfs auto with 28-year old nursing home employee. Area lit up like daylight, AM radio racked with static and car unable to exceed 40 mph. Missing time. (IUR 4, 5)

Sept. 21, 1979; Sztum, Poland
9:00 PM. Miroslaw Goralski and Krzysztof Kobus had been working in their garden late in the evening and were cleaning their tools when a UFO descended abruptly into their enclosure. One witness described the UFO as resembling a "ring," and the other--who saw it from a different angle--said it looked like "two silver deltas connected by a cross." Both men experienced a high frequency squeaking sound in their heads. As they approached to investigate they were engulfed by a dense white "fog" and illuminated by bright light. They both felt inertial effects as if rising up into the air at high speed. Kobus propped himself against a soft object like an "armchair," which later vanished, and he experienced a kaleidoscope of colors and other odd sensations as if thoughts were flowing into his brain from an external source. Goralski asked questions of what he supposed were unseen entities, and obtained partial answers in an unspecific fashion. "What is matter?" he asked, and the answer he received was, "The most important attribute of matter is its ability to pervade through other matter." Goralski leaned over to the edge of the "fog" and could clearly see the town below. He experienced a visual display like a "time tunnel," including people in costumes of bygone days. Suddenly they fell, as if from a height of about 30 cm, and landed back in the garden. Goralski ran home, arriving there at 9:30 p.m.. The witnesses were administered psychological test, that indicated their personalities were normal. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, citing Emilia Popik, MUFON UFO Journal, issue # 150).

Sept. 23, 1979; Dexter, IA
1:28 PM. A silver cigar-shaped object approached a cattle lot two miles north of Dexter. It was only 150 feet above the ground, had no wings or windows, and made no sound. It hovered in place for a few minutes so the witness, a 49-year-old contractor, got out of his truck and attempted to walk underneath it. It then moved off toward the northeast, moving rapidly, and rose slightly into the sky. (Source: International UFO Reporter, July 1979, p. 12).

Sept. 23, 1979; Nord, France
5:00 AM. A near collision occurred on the D136 highway between an automobile and a six-meter wide disc on the highway. The UFO had portholes around its rim. It flew off toward the southwest into some trees. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, December 1980).

Sept. 25, 1979; Talco, Chile
In a farming region of Talco a peasant out plowing the fields encountered a landed disc-shaped craft. A tall humanoid emerged from the object and briefly chased the peasant. The humanoid caught up with the farmer placing its hand on his shoulder. Later the farmer was treated at a local hospital for second and third degree burns on his shoulder, apparently caused by the humanoid's touch. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case # 1075, citing Saga 1980 UFO Annual).

Sept. 26, 1979; Monsey, NY
5:00 PM. A witness in Monsey watched a saucer-shaped craft hover above some nearby power lines. The craft emitted a soft humming sound and was about 35 feet in diameter. On the bottom of the object there was a ring of rotating colored lights. On the upper section was a circular row of windows, and at the top was an antenna like projection. The witness stood about 80 feet away and was able to see shadowy figures appearing at the windows. The UFO then flew straight up and away at incredible speed. (Source: Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, citing Peter Davenport, National UFO Reporting Center).

Oct.15, 1979; Dover, DE
G,V, AF radar & 2 UFOs, state police vis.

Oct. 25, 1979; Westmont, IL
5:56 PM. Driving southbound through this suburban area of Chicago, 19 & 20-year-old sisters saw flat-bottomed shape like saucer, seen from the side only, 1/4th the size of the full moon. Bright luminous white in the middle, outer edge more yellow. Seen low in SW at first, moving back and forth. When they stopped at stoplight the object was in the west, fliiping over clockwise and somersaulting.  3-4 minutes. (IUR 4,6)

Oct. 26, 1979; Colusa, CA
Roosters crowed, ducks quacked, geese honked, and  bullfrogs started croaking loudly in response to silver bullet-shaped craft that hovered briefly

Nov. 2, 1979; Evansville, IN
7:10 PM. A 10" silver ball with an undercarriage, described as an object looking like a water tower, with a popping and cracking sound was reported by two witnesses. Observed in the NW and later overhead at 20', the object was seen for 5-6 minutes until it moved to the SE and vanished. Report form not completed by witnesses. (MUFON Indiana, Fran Ridge)

Nov. 9, 1979; Livingston, Scotland
10:30 a.m. Robert Taylor, a 61 year old forestry worker, was out one night working in the Dechmont Woods in Livingston. Taylor and his dog were out in the woods on duty when he spotted a UFO hovering completely motionless and silent above the ground. Described as approximately 20 ft across and 12 ft high, the strange object was made of what he described to be a "dark grey metallic material"¯. Taylor thought the UFO was possibly going transparent from time to time which he believed was as if to disguise itself. There was also a said to have been a ring of some kind around the craft with stems pointing upwards topped off with propellors. Two more small spheres were seen coming from the craft which made a sound as their spikes moved across the ground. Taylor then says to have been grabbed by these two smaller objects and dragged back to the UFO. He said that as this was happening he could smell a strong, sickening odor. Soon after this he lost consciousness and was woken up by his dog which was described as "panicky"¯ and "running around and barking"¯. Taylor was said to have lost consciousness for about twenty minutes. After waking up, he heard a kind of hissing sound and realized that the craft was beginning to leave. Merely seconds later the UFO disappeared. Taylor was unable to walk or even talk properly after these events. He suffered from a headache, sickness and pain in his chin for some hours after this incident. Authorities were appointed to investigate the site where this happened and tracks of where Taylor had described the smaller spheres were found, confirming those described by him. (Lara Elliott)

Nov. 11, 1979; Ibiza, Canary Islands
Las Palmas, Canary Islands (UPI).  [Quote] The pilot of a Spanish jetliner that made an emergency landing after being pursued over the Mediterranean island of Ibiza said he was forced to dive 14,000 feet to avoid collision with unidentified flying objects. [Two bright red glowing objects.]

Nov. 11, 1979; Spanish airspace over island of Ibiza
According to a CUFOS IUR preliminary report in December of 1979, an object was tracked by radar and sighted visually from a Caravelle jet with crew members and some passengers as witnesses. Also observed from the Barcelona tower, 40 people on the ground at the Valencia Airport, including the airport's director. Observed for 21 minutes (pilot Lerdo De Tejada). Not able to substantiate this report.

Nov. 20, 1979; South of Laborie, France
6:30 PM. A witness stopped his car at a certain spot. He reported it was quite possible he felt compelled to do so. He then saw a diamond-shaped UFO hovering and maneuvering in front of him at a low altitude. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, May 1981).

Dec. 2, 1979; Mt. Vernon, IN
4:55 - 5:10 PM. Six witnesses (including yours truly) observed a descending object for 15 minutes that went from a bright distant light in the NW to a pair of bright headlights to what appeared to be a huge jet aircraft with external lights, but with NO sound approximating a small business jet or passenger aircraft as one would hear at an airport, and only 500 feet away (or less) and no more than a hundred feet over the W-E highway. We later found that others had seen it and also later on that month. Evansville's Dress-Regional Airport had no explanation. (See drawing of next case. Ridge files).

Dec. 2, 1979; Mt. Vernon, IN
Evening. Blimp-like object seen my motorists on Hwy. 62 between Mt. Vernon & Evansville. The main witness made a drawing. There was no sound reported by anyone. (UFO Filter Center/ Ridge files)

Dec. 4, 1979; Vastervik, Sweden
1:00 AM  Lilli Karlsson, a young woman, was taking a walk about an hour after midnight in the Brevik Hills of Vastervik, Sweden when she suddenly became paralyzed and unable to move. Nearby, she could see a luminous object hovering close to the ground. Two five-foot tall thin humanoids appeared from behind the object. She heard them talking in an unintelligible language, and she believed that they were discussing her. She also heard a voice that told her not to be afraid. One of the beings approached and stretched out its hand to her, but she remained paralyzed. They continued to talk between themselves as they walked back to their craft. A thin cloud of smoke came from under the object and enveloped the object, causing it to disappear. When the craft was gone the paralysis went away. (Sources: David F. Webb & Ted Bloecher, HUMCAT: Catalogue of Humanoid Reports, case A2229; FSR, January 1981, p. 6, citing Vasterviks Times, September 22, 1980; Albert S. Rosales, Humanoid Contact Database 1979, case #324, citing Robert E. Bartholomew, UFO Lore).

Dec. 10, 1979; Grays Harbor, WA
Evening. A fireball or missile flew in over the Grays Harbor area from the sea, executed a 180-degree turn, and headed west. It crashed in a clear-cut forest near Elk River, on the south side of the bay. Many witnesses told of a military roadblock in the area over the next two days, including what looked like National Guard or Army trucks. One former Navy SEAL reported encountering active Navy SEALs at a lunch counter in town during this same time period. (Sources: APRO Bulletin, March 1980, p. 7; Donald A. Johnson, 1988 on-site investigation).

Dec.10, 1979; Caravac de la Cruz, Spain
10:00 PM. A UFO with blue lights and a light green hue approached a family in their car at a low height. The driver stopped and signaled with his headlights. The UFO responded by flashing its lights. (Source: UFO News clipping Service, April 1980, p. 13).

Dec. 12, 1979; Romans, France
11:45 PM. A multi-colored disc passed by fast a residential neighborhood in Romans, France at a low altitude, spinning as it went. It left behind a luminous trail. (Source: Lumieres dans la Nuit, February 1980).

Dec. 19, 1979; Lunel, France
7:00 a.m. A white, egg-shaped UFO, one meter in diameter landed in an upright orientation in a yard in Lunel, France. It was then seen moving down the driveway at ground level by three witnesses. (Sources: Lumieres dans la Nuit, April 1980)

Dec. 19, 1979; southwest of Gainesville, FL
A large bright disc chased a car down a road, hovered over a house, then shot away at a high rate of speed heading south. (MUFON UFO Journal, March 1980).

Dec. 29, 1979; N. Illinois
11:00 PM. "We had a call from the sheriff's department at 11:00 PM, and they said they were looking at a UFO. We looked on the radar and observed the target in the area westbound, very fast. There were three controllers and myself. We watched the target and it stopped, changed direction to a north heading, went north for about three miles, stopped again, went southwest for five miles, stopped again, went westbound right up to the Mississippi River, stopped there, then continued westbound. It covered 54 miles in three-and-one half minutes, plus it stopped four times. We were receiving a strong return. There were no known aircraft in the area. I have never seen an aircraft at that speed turn that fast. The stops were very abrupt and the turns were very abrupt. I don't know of any airplane that can turn that fast. We picked up a second object at 11:04 PM and it proceeded southwest until it was directly over the Mississippi River at which time it turned southbound and paralleled right over the river for about half-a-mile and moved away to the west-southwest. After we picked up the second object, I checked back with the sheriff's department and was advised that they had observed another object. The position the sheriff gave me correlated with the targets we saw." (MUJ-186,13)


1. Volume II, The UFO Evidence, A Thirty-Year Report - Richard Hall, 2000

2. CUFOS report, Rodeghier,